you a postcard reminder when it's time for your
Why is "Bubbles" the elephant our mascot?
She's trustworthy, loyal, and never forgets to remind you when it's time for your system maintenance!
We are grateful to have a reliable company behind our heating and cooling needs. For many families such needs go beyond comfort and are, in fact, health and wellness issues. Thank you!"
–V. M., Ellicott City
Get the Most from your Heating and Cooling System
Let us help you keep
your system working at top performance during heat waves
and cold snaps with a Planned Maintenance Agreement.
With a Planned Maintenance Agreement, you…
- Save money on heating and air conditioning
- Help prevent breakdowns
- Restore lost capacity
- Return efficiency to peak performance
- And, stay in compliance with your manufacturer's warranty
A Planned Maintenance
- Two "12 point Check-Ups" a
- 10% Discount on any needed
- Priority service should you have
a system breakdown.
Some Frequently Asked
What does a "12-Point Check-Up"
- 1. Check all components for proper
- 2. Check refrigerant pressures (Air
Conditioners in cooling season, Heat Pumps in both
heating and cooling seasons).
- 3. Check and tighten electrical
- 4. Lubricate motors and bearings as
- 5. Wash permanent filters, change
standard disposable filters (labor and filter) or
change a SpaceGard filter (labor only).
- 6. Check static pressure to determine proper air flow through the system (once a year).
- 7. Brush clean condenser and
evaporator coils as necessary.
- 8. Check condensate pan and clean
condensate line. (Lines under a slab are not
- 9. Check belt (if applicable) for
proper condition and tension.
- 10. Check thermostat operation.
- 11. Check heat exchanger once a year for cracks that might leak dangerous carbon monoxide.
- 12. Check system and safety controls for
What is priority service?
service allows us to provide you with an
appointment, often the same day, when there are
extremes in temperature such as the first heat wave of
summer or an unexpected cold snap. This is when many
customers discover that their air conditioners or
heating systems are not working properly.
We put aside numerous spots on
our schedule to answer these calls each day during peak
times. Customers without a Planned Maintenance Agreement will sometimes have to
wait upwards of a week for service.
My system is still covered under warranty. Do I need
to purchase a maintenance agreement?
will cover emergency repairs. According to the
individual terms of your warranty, the labor and/or
parts may be covered. However, the warranty does not
cover routine maintenance, which is necessary for
continued peak operating efficiency on all systems.
What is the difference between a Planned Maintenance Agreement and a warranty
on a new system?
A warranty, as
stated in your contract, will provide for free labor
and/or replacement of parts for a set period of time. A
Planned Maintenance Agreement is an agreement for two maintenance visits a year
to be performed on your system.
If my system develops a problem in between
Check-Ups, will you repair my system for free?
Your Planned Maintenance Agreement is not
a warranty or a guarantee against a breakdown. It is a
signed agreement between ESA and you, our customer,
that we will provide the following benefits for one
- Two "12 point Check-Ups" a year.
- 10% Discount on any needed repairs.
- Priority service should you have a system
Why do I need to have a maintenance check on my
system? I follow the manufacturer's suggestion and
change the filter each month.
Just as a new
car needs routine maintenance such as filter and oil
changes, your heating and cooling system also needs to
have routine maintenance.