Carrier® Performance Humidifier
What are the benefits of a humidifier? Can it really make a difference?
Yes! It can make a difference. With a whole-house humidifier attached to your heating system you can experience…
- More warmth…Humid air feels warmer.
- Less discomfort…Humidity can reduce nose and throat aggravations.
- Hidden benefits…Humidity reduces wood shrinkage in wood floors, furniture, and doors.
- Safety…Humidity prevents static
During the winter, heated 70° air can hold approximately 20 times as much moisture as the 0° outside air. The warmer temperature leads to evaporation from the interior of the home—the furniture, woodwork, carpeting and humans; leaving shrinking woodwork, static electricity, and itchy skin and respiratory irritation.
Most people feel comfortable when the
relative humidity in a home is about 35%, yet the
relative humidity in an average home without a
humidifier is approximately 15%—about half the average relative humidity found in the Saraha desert. To relieve these conditions moisture must be added to the indoor air.
Maximize Humidity Control Without Wasting Water
The Carrier® Performance Whole-House Humidifier
uses a new evaporative process that uses 100% of the water entering the unit. No water is wasted down the drain.
The Carrier®Performance Humidifier:
- Has an automatic digital control that senses the outdoor temperature and humidity and maintains the relative humidity indoors at optimum levels.
- Uses a new evaporative, "wicking" process that eliminates standing water or wasting water down the drain.
- Is rated at 0.70 gallons/hour, adequate for a tightly-constructed home up to 4,000 square feet in size.
- Uses a passive, evaporative process requiring no motors.
- Is easy to maintain with slide-in water panels.
- Features a slim profile that will fit almost any furnace or air handler.
- Offers Carrier's Humidistat, Humiditrac or Thermidistat control options
For more information or to schedule an installation, contact our office at: